This week on Instagram Stories, you may have noticed a lot of people sharing 5 interesting things about them. I shared mine, but it got me thinking. I have been blogging for almost 5 years now, and have kept my platforms pretty much fashion focused, rarely sharing anything personal. However, I want to share more with you guys, so here are 18 interesting/silly things about me. Looking forward to sharing more with you this year!
- I was born and raised* in Del Mar, California. Most of my family still lives in southern CA
* I also lived in Lincoln, Nebraska & Fort Worth, Texas prior to going to college
- I'm left handed, but do everything else right handed (batting, throwing a ball, kicking a ball, etc)
- I sucked my thumb until I was 5-ish. My mom bribed me to stop with a $100 shopping spree - thus began the fashion addiction
- My first concert was the Beach Boys when I was 8 at a Kansas City Royals baseball game - I loved them growing up!
- In elementary school I was on a competition jump-rope team. Pretty sure I can still do a few tricks if handed a jump-rope.
- My mom is Canadian, which means I can have dual citizenship - one of my 2018 goals to make that happen!
- I could eat tacos everyday for the rest of my life...with avocado of course
- I've never had a cavity, but had to wear head-gear in 4th grade due to sucking my thumb
- I played select soccer in elementary/middle school & competitive cheerleading in high school
- My dog's name is Scout. He is a maltipoo and 6.5 years old. The SWEETEST dog you have ever met.
- I went to college at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth - majored in Fashion Merchandising and minored in Radio-TV-Film. Go Frogs
- I have a strange fear of fish. I do not want to see them swimming near me/touching me, so I will not snorkel/scuba dive, but I will swim/surf in the ocean as long as I can't see them. I know its weird.
- My first job out of college was designing cheerleading uniforms & also where I met my best friend!
- Traveling is one of my passions and I have logged over 250,000 miles with American Airlines
- I think I would be a great NASCAR driver (most are terrified when they ride with me...I'm a good bad driver)
- I worked as a sourcing manager in the apparel industry prior to blogging & traveled all over the world for it!
- My favorite relaxing vacation is Hawaii & my favorite city to get away to is NYC
- I started my blog as a creative outlet from my full-time job, I never would have dreamed I'd be able to make it into my career. I'm so thankful for all of you helping to make Fashion Jackson possible.