Today's post is a little departure from my usual fashion/beauty/fitness posts you're used to seeing over here. I've been blogging for nearly 7 years now and I'm sure there are a lot of new readers! A few years ago on Instagram people were sharing interesting facts about them and it prompted me to share a few things you may not have already known about me. It took me longer to start sharing [anything] on Instagram stories. It just wasn't my thing I and wanted to keep my personal life personal. Well after realizing how much I loved connecting with my peers through Instagram stories, I realized I wanted start sharing more. While I have made a connection with a lot of you through Instagram stories and DMs, which I love(!), there is still so much you probably don't know about me! So today, I'm sharing 18 things you probably didn't know about me!
Neutral Chanel Handbags
1. I was born and raised* in Del Mar, California. Most of my family still lives in southern CA. *I also lived in Lincoln, Nebraska & Fort Worth, Texas prior to going to college, but CA has always been "home base" since my parents are in the same house I grew up in.
2. I'm left handed, but do everything else right handed (batting, throwing a ball, kicking a ball, etc)
3. My first concert was the Beach Boys when I was 8 at a Kansas City Royals baseball game - I loved them growing up!
4. In elementary school I was on a competition jump-rope team, HeartBeats. Pretty sure I can still do a few tricks if handed a jump-rope.
5. My mom is Canadian, which means I can have dual citizenship - one of my 2020 goals to make that happen!
6. I had to wear headgear in 4th grade because I had an overbite from sucking my thumb as a child. So chic.
7. When I was younger I wanted to be a architect and would sit in my room and draw floor plans of my dream homes all day.
8. I played select soccer in elementary/middle school and everyone on my team called me "AJ"
9. When I moved to Texas I started cheer and was on the high school team, and also did competitive cheerleading, yes like the Netflix show.
10. I went to college at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth - majored in Fashion Merchandising and minored in Radio-TV-Film. Go Frogs
11. I have a strange fear of fish. I do not want to see them swimming near me/touching me, so I will not snorkel/scuba dive, but I will swim/surf in the ocean as long as I can't see them. I know its weird.
12. My first job out of college was designing cheerleading uniforms & also where I met my best friend!
13. I have 5 tattoos; 1 is color, 2 are black ink and 2 are white ink. I'm in the process of getting the 2 black ink ones removed.
14. I worked as a sourcing manager in the apparel industry for 7 years prior to blogging & traveled all over the world for it!
15. My favorite relaxing vacation is Hawaii & my favorite city to get away to is NYC
16. I could watch Friends everyday for the rest of my life and be perfectly content
17. I love to travel and have been to 17 countries in the last 10 years.
18. I started my blog as a creative outlet from my full-time job, I never would have dreamed I'd be able to make it into my career. I'm so thankful for all of you helping to make Fashion Jackson possible. You can read more about my story here.