Today's post is a little departure from my usual fashion/beauty/fitness posts you're used to seeing over here. I've been blogging for nearly 7 years now and I'm sure there are a lot of new readers! A few years ago on Instagram people were sharing interesting facts about them and it prompted me to share a few things you may not have already known about me. It took me longer to start sharing [anything] on Instagram stories. It just wasn't my thing I and wanted to keep my personal life personal. Well after realizing how much I loved connecting with my peers through Instagram stories, I realized I wanted start sharing more. While I have made a connection with a lot of you through Instagram stories and DMs, which I love(!), there is still so much you probably don't know about me! So today, I'm sharing 18 things you probably didn't know about me!
Neutral Chanel Handbags
1. I was born and raised* in Del Mar, California. Most of my family still lives in southern CA. *I also lived in Lincoln, Nebraska & Fort Worth, Texas prior to going to college, but CA has always been "home base" since my parents are in the same house I grew up in.
2. I'm left handed, but do everything else right handed (batting, throwing a ball, kicking a ball, etc)
3. My first concert was the Beach Boys when I was 8 at a Kansas City Royals baseball game - I loved them growing up!
4. In elementary school I was on a competition jump-rope team, HeartBeats. Pretty sure I can still do a few tricks if handed a jump-rope.
5. My mom is Canadian, which means I can have dual citizenship - one of my 2020 goals to make that happen!
6. I had to wear headgear in 4th grade because I had an overbite from sucking my thumb as a child. So chic.
7. When I was younger I wanted to be a architect and would sit in my room and draw floor plans of my dream homes all day.
8. I played select soccer in elementary/middle school and everyone on my team called me "AJ"
9. When I moved to Texas I started cheer and was on the high school team, and also did competitive cheerleading, yes like the Netflix show.
10. I went to college at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth - majored in Fashion Merchandising and minored in Radio-TV-Film. Go Frogs
11. I have a strange fear of fish. I do not want to see them swimming near me/touching me, so I will not snorkel/scuba dive, but I will swim/surf in the ocean as long as I can't see them. I know its weird.
12. My first job out of college was designing cheerleading uniforms & also where I met my best friend!
13. I have 5 tattoos; 1 is color, 2 are black ink and 2 are white ink. I'm in the process of getting the 2 black ink ones removed.
14. I worked as a sourcing manager in the apparel industry for 7 years prior to blogging & traveled all over the world for it!
15. My favorite relaxing vacation is Hawaii & my favorite city to get away to is NYC
16. I could watch Friends everyday for the rest of my life and be perfectly content
17. I love to travel and have been to 17 countries in the last 10 years.
18. I started my blog as a creative outlet from my full-time job, I never would have dreamed I'd be able to make it into my career. I'm so thankful for all of you helping to make Fashion Jackson possible. You can read more about my story here.
Load All 14 Comments
My Dad is Canadian, and I just went through the process. Pretty time consuming (collecting birth certificates, pictures, etc) for the citizenship certificate, but once you have that getting a passport took no time at all!
Thanks for the advice!
I love this post! It’s great to know more about you! Also, so cool that your Mom is from Canada (feel free to come visit us up here anytime!)
so glad you enjoyed it! yes its on my list!!!
Just recently came across your feed and absolutely love your style! I have 3 tiny, fine-line black tattoos and have been considering getting a white ink one. Are you happy with the way those turned out? I have read that they can heal with the appearance of scar tissue?? Would love to know how you like yours!
Aw thank you! yes! the white ones look like scar tissue. honestly if I could go back and do it again, I wouldn’t get any tattoos. It was just a stage in my life. they are fine, but bc they are white, I really don’t notice them.
How were you born and raised in Del Mar if you went to a Texas high school?
My parents are divorced so we moved, but I spent the first 10 years of my life living in Del Mar. My dad and step-mom still live in the same house I was born and raised in.
Just read you claim to be born&raisedDelmar? You would be cringing at living downtown if that were true…
Claim?? What is that supposed to mean. Thats where I’m from and where my parents still live. Also, I don’t live downtown…
Ok so random-
1. I am right handed but do everything with my left hand (throwing etc) so we’re the same but different there
2. I wore headgear from 7th grade to 8th grade, fortunately it was at night though!
3. I also did competitive cheerleading!
LOVE this post!!!
Ahhh so cool! My mom made we wear it to school, so I could be done with it faster LOL
Oh my gosh!! #11 is me!! I’ve never met anyone else with my fear of fish! Even thinking about them is giving me chills haha. Glad to know I have a fish-fear buddy out there 🙂
Woah, I am also a lefty who plays sports righty, had head gear in 3rd grade, and am currently studying design and merchandising! Haha what a small world. This was a great post! 🙂