I’m so excited to introduce a new weekly series to Fashion Jackson: Everyday FJ! Whenever I describe my own personal style, I seem to always use the term “everyday,” and that’s really what I strive for. The clothes, beauty, and home pieces I share with you guys are meant for the everyday—they don’t rely on a season and they’re hardly ever based on a trend.
I also know that I share a ton of content every week, so I wanted to create a series in which I’m able to easily round it all up in a clean, pretty, simple way. But I also want YOU guys to help curate this blog every Saturday by sending me questions and requests throughout the week, so I can share them in this series! Never be a stranger— you can email using the contact form or keep following on Instagram stories for content requests so I can answer you every Saturday with Everyday FJ.
1. What shoes/sneakers/sandals to wear with destroyed boyfriend jeans?
2. Planning a big home remodel project so I’d love all the info on your home reno!
Congrats! This is such an exciting time - we are still working through all the details, but I will continue to share updates, as well as full before/after blog posts once there is content to share!
3. Peloton classes! Mine just came last week
So I can't speak to this quite yet. I mentioned when we first moved, we were having trouble getting internet at the house. We have been living off hotspots, and will continue to for a few more weeks, so sadly I can't take any class right now because they just doesn't load fast enough. I will say, I'm looking forward to the Brittney ride with Cody!
4. What are wedding registry must-haves?
Since Will and I had nearly all the household items we needed, we actually didn't do a traditional registry. Instead we registered on Zola, which allowed us to register for our honeymoon; family/friends could contribute to hotels, airfare, experiences, etc. But if you're looking for more traditional gifts, I would say a KitchenAid Mixer or a Vitamix, lux bath towels, and/or new sheets/bedding.
5. I may have missed it - curious about why y’all made the change from San Diego to Nashville?
I shared this blog post explaining it all! We have been here for 6 weeks and LOVE it so much!
6. What are your fashion staples for these upcoming transition months?
For fall I would say a coatigan, a great pair of jeans (denim or black), a short sleeve sweater, a sleek pair of slingbacks, the perfect white t-shirt for layering, and an essential black dress that can be paired with booties/jackets/sneakers.
7. Does your code for Jenni Kayne expire at a specific date?
Jenni Kayne has been a favorite brand of mine for a while. They have the best quality elevated essentials. You can use code JACKSON20 on every purchase, indefinitely!
8. What's on your Nordstrom Anniversary Sale wishlist?
9. Need a housewarming gift idea for first time homeowners.
Our relator actually had the most thoughtful gift for us! It was an assortment of items not only welcoming us to Nashville, but also to being a new homeowner. She gifted these gorgeous bakeware pieces, this wooden spatula (her favorite and now ours), some dish towels, a few food items native to Nashville, as well as some homemade treats. It was so personal and thoughtful!
1. Fave designer dupe sunglasses
2. Date night tops!
Date night might look a little different for some these days. I really don't wear anything more dressed up, except for shoes. You might be surprised how great a t-shirt, jeans, and heels go together. But these summer tops are perfect for date night!
3. Link for leopard container in sunglasses post
I actually thought this leopard box was sold out because I bought it last year, but just saw its back and on sale!
4. Link to comfiest but also flattering sweater
Cashmere fitted sweaters are my favorite in terms of comfort and fit. I have these from Everlane in 3 colors (black, grey, camel) because they are so good!
5. Favorite face wash?
Hands down this one from Elemis! Use code AMY20 for a discount (expires 8/21)
6. Top 5 sweaters (no cashmere or wool)
7. Sweaters under $50
Weekly Top 5
1. Probably my favorite Golden Goose sneakers of all-time. No joke, I saw these when I was in San Diego, and fell in love immediately. They are the perfect neutral and I love the mesh detail (layered over leather). If you're still wondering if Golden Goose are worth it, read this post!
2. I'm pretty sure this is my 3rd, maybe 4th, item by Z Supply on Shopbop and its quickly becoming a favorite! They have the softest pieces and this grey t-shirt dress is definitely a favorite. It's perfect to throw on for summer with sandals or sneakers. It fits true to size; wearing a small.
3. I've had this little black dress for years (like 4-5) and it's still one I wear on repeat. I recently shared how easy it is to dress up or down, and right now its 40% off! Honestly one of the best wardrobe staples I have. It fits true to size; wearing an XS. Please note I'm 5'10 and I've washed/dried it for 4+ years which is why it appears shorter on me.
4. I've said it once and I'll say it again, t-shirt dresses are the best this time of year. When it's this hot out, having something comfortable, breathable, and lightweight is key. This midi t-shirt dress checks all the boxes. Use code WHATADEAL for an extra 30% off! Fit is a little oversized. Wearing an XS.
5. You may think its a little odd to share a jacket this time of year, but I'm always freezing anytime I go inside during the summer months with the AC on full blast. So transitional jackets, like this olive green denim jacket from Nordstrom, is key. I love the raw hem detail and it will definitely be an easy piece to wear into the fall season. Fit is a little oversized. Wearing US4 (might have needed US2).
What I'm Loving
1. This is the matcha powder I recently started using for my hommade 'Starbucks' iced matcha. I promised you guys the recipe; I'm still perfecting it and hope to share it with you next week!
2. This jersey sweatshirt in light beige - such a good neutral!
3. After 2+ years of having white/blush nails, I finally switched it up and got a classic red and now I'm not sure I'll ever go back to white!
5. Just finished watching Normal People (Hulu) and Unorthodox (Netflix) - loved both! Will and I started Hanna (Amazon Prime) and its SO good!
6. This candle from Target - the scent is sweet and woodsy at the same time.
7. Another puff sleeve dress for summer and its on sale!
1. Earlier this week I announced my second Amazon Drop collection which will be launching for fall/winter! We just had mood board review, and I'm already so excited to share more with you! Make sure you sign up here, so you can be the first to know any updates about my drop collection! Don't forget to check out my favorite Amazon items here!
2. Don't forget to check out my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale page! I'm working on adding more content this weekend, so make sure to check back daily for #NSALE product favorites! Looking forward to sharing my wishlist with you guys next week!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.