Everyday FJ is a weekly series where I round up all the content of the week plus questions and requests straight from my readers and share it all in one big post. Here you’ll find answers about fashion, home, beauty and everything in between.
If you have a question or request, fill out the contact form or follow along on Instagram so you don’t miss it when I put out an Everyday FJ content request!
Click the images to shop products directly.
1. Best black jeans for fall please
I got these last week and if you know how much I love Levi's you'll understand why I love this pair so much! They are just a classic clean pair of black denim that can be dressed up or down! They have a little stretch to them, but since they are the wedgie fit, you do need to size up!
2. Have you tired the new Nécessaire shampoo/conditioner?
Yes and I love it! They are clean products that use plant-derived ingredients, vitamins and hydrators to support scalp health. My hair feels so good after! Use code FJ10 on the Nécessaire site for a discount.
3. Black Boots
I'll share a few different styles & price points! I got these during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (gifted) and I LOVE how comfortable and chic they are. I love combat boots, especially during fall/winter and this pair is so cool. These are just sexy and a good alternative to this investment pair. I'm definitely getting these and I think this is a fun pair!
4. How often do you retire old clothes
Often! I try not to buy more hangers, so when new items come in, old items have to go out. I always do a big purge seasonally, but I would say on average once a month I "retire" a few pieces.
5. Love all your Anine Bing sweatshirts, do you have more favorites?
Thank you! Love all the graphic sweatshirts right now! Rounding up 16 more at all price points here!
6. Workwear outfit ideas
Lots of outfit ideas here! This one, this one, this one, this one, this one, and this one (my personal favorite!).
7. If you're saving for a Chanel, do you wait until you can buy new or is used your preference?
This is tough because the prices keep going up so much and I honestly don't think I'll ever buy new again. I always wanted to buy my first Chanel bag in Paris, which I did, but that was back in 2017 when the prices were better. I have found some of my favorite Chanel handbags from resale sites, like Fashionphile. Even the in-season fashion bags can be bought resale shortly after they launch. So I think it's just a personal decision that makes sense investment-wise!
*Fashionphile is having a summer event: spend $1000 and get $200 later!
8. Celine mini vs. micro belt bag comparison?
I'm planning a full blog post on this but the short is they are both great! I love the mini as an everyday bag bc it holds EVERYTHING. My only "dislike" was really that it couldn't be worn crossbody bc the original strap isn't long enough. However I just got this strap during my past Dallas trip, and now it can be worn crossbody! The mirco is one size smaller and comes with the option to be worn crossbody which was a huge selling point for me! But it is smaller. While I can use it day-to-day easily, it's not what I normally gravitate towards. I LOVE both bags, they just serve slightly different purposes.
9. Mid-range gold jewelry?
100% Miranda Frye! They are having their anniversary sale right now too! Normally you can get 10% off with my discount code but now through 8/22 you can get 20% off! Use code FJ20. I love the London bracelet, Fashion Jackson bracelet, Meggan bracelet, and Payton bracelet!
10. Jewelry box suggestion?
Funny you ask, my girlfriend was just asking me about this the other day! I have this one from Amazon, but I also love these, this one, and this one.
11. Fall work totes
Not sure the price point, so here are a few! This one is under $50 and comes in a few colors, one is reversible. This one is under $500, this one is under $1000 and I love the burgundy color. This is another under $1000 and I love the texture, and this one is over $1000. I feel like a work tote gets used SO much and needs to be a quality handbag.
12. What's the best way to start a capsule wardrobe?
I'm glad you asked! I'm actually working on an essential fall capsule wardrobe for early September! I'll be sharing products, outfit ideas, and tips for starting a capsule!
13. Master bathroom vanity?
This was a custom piece by A Carpenter's Son! They also did the vanity in our secondary bathroom and Will's desk. They are super talented and I love how our bathroom(s) turned out with these pieces!
14. Looking for a simple black crossbody. Any recs?
I love this one, this one, and this one.
15. Fall jackets
I have a blog post dedicated to fall jackets that I update each year! This one has 8 essential styles to consider during the fall season depending on your needs and the climate you live in!
16. Your favorite beige crossbody handbag?
Since the Celine mini belt bag isn't a true crossbody, I'm going to leave that one off the list. I shared some luxury handbags under $1000 in this post and I really love the size and shape of this one!
17. When do you think the Madewell black leather jacket will go on sale again?
I honestly have no idea. I promise I will be on the look out if/when it does! It's the best black leather jacket I've ever owned and I LIVE in it! Fits TTS; I wear a small.
18. An olive green jacket for warm weather that's less expensive than the Anine Bing one
I love my Anine Bing one and I've worn it so much since I got it last year, but here are a few others at different price points! This one is under $100, this one is under $150, and this one is under $200.
19. Elemis code
AMY20! A few of my favorite products: the cleansing balm, eye masks, and the dynamic resurfacing pads.
20. A winter parka
This is the one I wear the most in the winter time, and its such a good price! I have the green and beige, I'll prob get it in black this winter. I also have this one in tan with the fleece. It fits TTS and I wear a small.
Weekly Top 5
1. White T-Shirt: I feel like a broken record at this point, but you guys continue to love this white t-shirt as much as I do! It's truly the best white tee I've ever own. The slub fabric gives it a cool detail and when worn with a nude bra, it isn't see-through! Fits TTS; I wear size small.
2. Ivory Sweater: I always get this cashmere sweater during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in the new color for the season. I'm loving this ivory beige color because it's the perfect neutral to wear now, fall/winter, and spring! It's so lux and such a good savings! Fits TTS; wearing an xs.
3. Tan Coatigan: I've had this piece for years, and its one I always wear from about August through April. It's the BEST layering piece when it gets chilly and is easy to throw on with just about anything! Read this post for outfit ideas. Runs big; size down; I wear an xs. My exact color is hthr khaki, but I'm loving the dark hthr camel too!
4. Camel Blazer: If you're heading back to work, back to school (teachers), or just need a classic camel blazer, this one is for you! I've had it for at least 4 years and its still one of my all time favorite pieces. Fits TTS; wearing a 2.
5. Rag & Bone Booties: I got these booties for my trip to Telluride and I'm SO excited to wear them this fall! They are incredibly comfortable and the heel height is perfect for day t0 night. I did go up 1/2 a size. I'm an 8.5 and took the 39. If you wear socks, you might want to go up a full size.
1. Have you signed up for the Fashion Jackson newsletter yet? I share exclusive content, exciting announcements, and much more! Sign up here and get Fashion Jackson straight to your inbox!
2. Want to shop my closet? Follow my Poshmark account here!
3. In the last Everyday FJ I shared my...
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.