Welcome to the weekly Everyday FJ series. Here I'll be sharing a little bit of everything; home updates, life updates, travel plans, what I'm shopping for, Nashville spots I've tried, discount codes, and really anything from the week that you guys might be interested in. I got a lot of requests with what you would like to see here, and it is actually helping me for future blog posts. I wanted this series to just be a true "everyday FJ" anything and everything. As always thank you so much for your support and following along, I truly appreciate you all. If you have a question or request, fill out the contact form or follow along on Instagram and send me a DM!
Click the images to shop products directly. Featured image details here.
House Renovation Updates
We can safely title this week 'The Exterior Paint Color Saga'. Long story short, I always envisioned this house being painted white with black trim. I started toying with the idea of something dark and moody but decided I wanted the paint to match the character of the house and I would save dark and moody for something else. Then I was considering a pretty light greige/taupe. That went downhill real fast. You can catch up on stories, I made a highlight. So now, I'm back to square one and finding the perfect shade of white. I've sampled Sail Cloth, Edgecomb Grey, Classic Grey, and Revere Pewter (all Benjamin Moore). I've ruled out Sail Cloth (too warm/red) and Revere Pewter (too dingy/green). I'm looking at them all times of day to see how they pick up light and all the greenery around our house. I have to decide by Tuesday at the latest, so I really only have 1-2 more trips to the paint store left!
The folding glass doors/windows were install Thursday off our kitchen that goes to the back patio. I love the way they turned out! If you missed my Instagram stories before, don't worry I'll keep sharing updates! Make sure your post notifications are turned on.
I got back from San Diego last Saturday and I'm so happy I made it because there were so many cancelled flights on Southwest! I'm home this week and then traveling again to Dallas the following week! I'll be there for just a few days to stay with one of my best friends for a quick visit.
These fitness finds are so good for fall. I love the mix of active and athleisure and the colors are perfect for the season.
I got a new pair of Veja sneakers during the Shopbop sale and OH MY GOSH, these are the most comfortable pair I own. They are slightly elevated and I took my normal Veja size.
This sweatshirt from my Fall Capsule Wardrobe is 50% off right now and this sweater is 40% off right now! I featured so ways to wear them here!
I know it's early to think about holiday shopping, but it's inevitable that there are going to be major shipping delays this season. I'm getting started ASAP. If you're heading to any house gatherings soon, here are 16 items that would be a hit!
I went with my girlfriend Kimberly to Barcelona Wine Bar Tuesday night for tapas and drinks. Its a really cool atmosphere and they have a lot a delicious small plates. I will say it was VERY loud, I don't know if there was something going on that night, but we sat next to each other at the bar and it was SO hard to hold a conversation. Didn't think it would be so busy on a Tuesday night, but that just shows you how good it is! Definitely make a reservation or plan to arrive early and grab open seats at the bar.
Last night we started American Rust, starring Jeff Daniels, on Showtime. We are only 1 episode in, but I can tell it's going to be good!
Book updates! I finished Little Secrets Thursday night and can definitely recommend it. I know this sounds weird, but I didn't read the back cover before I started it, so I thought the book was going to go a different direction and was a little bored when it wasn't going that way. Luckily about half way through it grabbed my attention and I couldn't put it down. Just read the back cover and you'll be hooked from the beginning. Lesson learned. Yesterday I picked up The Last Thing He Told Me and I'm super excited about this one too! I'll leave the reader recs here in case you missed them last week! Verity (read & loved) It Ends with Us, The Midnight Library, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Ugly Love, Behind Her Eyes, The Silent Patient, The Turn of the Key, November 9, Pretty Things, & Local Woman Missing.
Recently on the Blog
Weekly Top 5
Click the images to shop outfits directly.
1. Black Leather Jacket: My all time FAVORITE black leather jacket! I featured this leather jacket 10 ways in the fall capsule wardrobe, and 18 more ways to wear it in this post. It's definitely worth it, trust me. I love that the leather is softer so it layers nice over light sweaters/sweatshirts. Fits TTS and I take a small. It also comes in petite and more colors.
2. Puff Sleeve Sweatshirt: 60% off!!!! I got this sweatshirt during the NSALE and it's been on weekly rotation for me. I love the puff sleeve detail, looks perfect with jeans and sneakers. I took my true size (XS). It's also available in grey here!
3. Sweater Coat: Another NSALE find that is back in stock and the perfect fall addition. I love how cozy and versatile it is! Pair with jeans or leggings and sneakers for a relaxed look, or dress up in an all black ensemble with heels for a night out! I took my true size (xs) for a standard fit, but could easily go up a size for a relaxed fit.
4. Sherpa Slippers: Ok TRUST me with these, I've been talking about them for years and they always get so popular around the fall and holiday season. They are the most comfortable cozy slippers I've ever owned and definitely worth it. I raved about them in this post. Grab a pair for yourself or for gifting, but I promise you won't be disappointed! Use code JACKSON15 for a discount.
5. Long Shacket: You know I love a good shacket and this one from Abercrombie is essential for fall! It will probably sell out fast, so don't wait on this one. It's perfect dressed up or down and fits slightly oversized. I'm wearing an xs.
1. Have you signed up for the Fashion Jackson newsletter yet? I share exclusive content, exciting announcements, and much more! Sign up here and get Fashion Jackson straight to your inbox!
2. Want to shop my closet? Follow my Poshmark account here!
3. In the last Everyday FJ I shared my...
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.
Load 1 Comment
Have you looked at China White or White Dove at Benjamin Moore? White Dove is warm but not yellow and China White has a slight oyster under tone.