Welcome to the weekly Everyday FJ series. Here I'll be sharing a little bit of everything; home updates, life updates, travel plans, what I'm shopping for, Nashville spots I've tried, discount codes, and really anything from the week that you guys might be interested in. I got a lot of requests with what you would like to see here, and it is actually helping me for future blog posts. I wanted this series to just be a true "everyday FJ" anything and everything. As always thank you so much for your support and following along, I truly appreciate you all. If you have a question or request, fill out the contact form or follow along on Instagram and send me a DM!
Click the images to shop products directly. Featured image details here.
House Renovation Updates
Not too many home updates this week. However, we did finally get our nightstands for the bedroom! As I'm sure many are aware there are massive shipping delays right now. I ordered these in April, and they just arrived. Not horrible, but I was definitely anxious to get them. The lamps are Kelly Wearstler and I love how they look with the space. Its slowly all coming together.
Closet is still being worked on; its a one-man show, but I know it will be great when its done! Hopefully just another week and then it will need to get painted. After that, THEN I'll be having a big closet clean out/purge/organization day (weekend most likely).
Finally booked our anniversary trip and we are heading out Sunday to The Ritz Lake Oconee! It's just going to be me and Will, while the dogs are staying behind with a friend. Super excited for a little getaway, the weather looks like its going to be so nice. We really don't have anything planned except for dinners, so we are really just going to relax and take it day-by-day.
Sunday, 9/19 there will be an exclusive sale in the LTK app for certain retailers; Abercrombie, Madewell, Express, & Elemis, to name a few. I'm going to be sharing my top picks so make sure you have the app downloaded! There will be lots of fall fashion on sale you don't want to miss!
The black leather jacket and the grey hoodie from the fall capsule wardrobe are on major sale right now! I'll be showing you different ways to wear them all season long! Speaking of capsule, the coatigan is definitely a staple and I'm so excited that Mango brought theirs back this season! Two equally great layering pieces for fall.
I got a new KitchenAid food processor $75 off and I can't wait to make homemade pesto & hummus! Speaking of home, I shared some of our coffee table decor here, the acrylic book stand is my favorite. Although it makes it easier for Frank to chew the corners of the book...
Friday night Will and I went to Answer in Sylvan Park (reader recommendation) and OH. MY. GOSH. WOW. YUM. We tend to over order when trying a new place because we want to try a little bit of everything and Answer has a lot of tapas style options. We had the tofu, mushrooms, panzanella, poke, and cheese to start. Told you we try a lot. Will had the garganelli and I had the spaghetti without the scallops. 10000% the best dish. I really liked the starters all about the same for different reasons, but nothing compares spaghetti. I will definitely be going back again!
Last Sunday Will and I had brunch at Stay Golden which I think is a little hidden gem. It's in Berry Hill (the Design District) and has the best comfort food with a twist. They also serve coffee, cocktails, and lunch. I always get the Jam Sandwich with avocado. It's a big sandwich though, just FYI!
We are now on season 5 of Billions, and I'm not ready for it to end, but we do have a long list of other shows! I saw season 2 of The Morning Show was just released! We also saw a preview for American Rust on Showtime with Jeff Daniels that we might be watching next and waiting on the other shows because it looks so good. Plus it's only one season, so we can get though it pretty fast!
Other shows we have to watch: Mare of Easttown, 9 Perfect Strangers, White Lotus, and season 4 of Handmaid's Tale (thats a solo show for me)
On the Blog
Weekly Top 5
Click the images to shop outfits directly.
1. Black Leather Jacket: My all time FAVORITE black leather jacket is 20% off for insiders! But all that means is you just sign up with your email, EASY! I featured this leather jacket 10 ways in the fall capsule wardrobe, and 18 more ways to wear it in this post. It's definitely worth it, trust me. I love that the leather is softer so it layers nice over light sweaters/sweatshirts. Fits TTS and I take a small. It also comes in petite and more colors.
2. Levi's 501 Skinny Jeans: I've had these jeans for over a year now and they are a great classic pair of skinnies. I featured them in the fall capsule and my Guide to Buying Levi's jeans! I love this style because they have stretch, which make them comfortable all day. Plus I can wear them with sandals, sneakers, mules, and booties! For me I took my true size in Levi's which is a 26.
3. Leather Pants: Ok, this is my first pair of leather pants and I'm OBSESSED. I love the color for fall and the fit is just so good. Plus they are incredibly comfortable which I was not expecting at all. I'm going to share more ways to style these because they are going to be a staple this season. Sized up - wearing a 26.
4. Hoodie Sweatshirt: This is the perfect sweatshirt to layer for fall because its lightweight! I love pairing it under blazers for an elevated athleisure look, but trust me, I'll definitely be wearing it with joggers for super casual days! See more ways to style it in this post and don't miss out because right now its one sale! Fits TTS, I'm wearing an xs.
5. Coatigan: If you're going to buy anything this fall, make sure its a coatigan! I have both the J.Crew and Mango one and they are equally great layering pieces. They both fit oversized, so I recommend taking your true size or sizing down based on how you want them to fit! I wear an XS in J.Crew and the smallest size from Mango. More ways to wear coatigans are here!
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.