Welcome to the weekly Everyday FJ series. Here I'll be sharing a little bit of everything; home updates, life updates, travel plans, what I'm shopping for, Nashville spots I've tried, discount codes, and really anything from the week that you guys might be interested in. I got a lot of requests with what you would like to see here, and it is actually helping me for future blog posts. I wanted this series to just be a true "everyday FJ" anything and everything. As always thank you so much for your support and following along, I truly appreciate you all. If you have a question or request, fill out the contact form or follow along on Instagram and send me a DM!
Click the images to shop products directly. Featured image details here.
House Renovation Updates
We finally have an update with our closet, should be done in the next 10 business days, no I'm not kidding. It's definitely taking [much] longer than we were told, which is a little frustrating but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I believe our family room is getting painted this upcoming week. The floors were completed while we were in Telluride as well as all the wall moulding. There are two sets of French doors (mine and Will's office) that need to be painted black as well. Once the paint is done, we will be moving our furniture back into that room which will be nice because there is definitely more space in there! The fireplace needs a little brickwork done, but nothing that will keep us from moving into that room.
So we had our anniversary trip this past week at The Ritz Lake Oconee and I'll be honest, it wasn't the best vacation, we actually came home a day early. First, it was just bad timing. We had terrible weather nearly the entire time we were there. Will and I love to spend our time doing activities outside on our trips, and we just weren't really able to. The first full day we were there we couldn't leave our room because it was raining all day. We were able to golf the next day, which was nice, but the following day it started raining when we were playing tennis and really didn't let up after that. The forecast didn't even call for rain that day. We had another outdoor activity lined up, but we just couldn't depend on the weather to hold up, so we decided to come home a day early. While I'm sure the resort is much better in the summer when there is more to do outside and better weather, it was just hard because we kept comparing it to Palmetto Bluff where we went the year before and had an incredible experience. I have friends who have been and loved the Ritz, and I can see why, it just didn't work out this time for us, and thats ok!
My Dyson hot/cold fan that I've had since last year is on major sale AGAIN! We have 2 in our home (I'm definitely getting another) and I gave them as gifts last year. They really do heat up and cool off the space so well. I love that it comes with a remote and rotates or stays stationary. It's $150 off right now but the sale won't last!
Heading to a fall weeding or event soon? Check out these gorgeous dresses and four head to toe looks here, here, here, & here! Oh and brides to be, you'll love all these white dress options for events and the honeymoon!
So many cute fall pieces that can be worn from work to weekend here and almost everything is under $100!
I've been getting a lot of questions about jeans lately, and I did a full review/guide for Levi's jeans in this post! Most of my favorite jeans are Levis' and under $100!
Friday night Will and I had dinner to-go from Vui's Kitchen, which is one of our favorite places to get Pho! They offer a lot of vegan options; our favorites are the summer rolls (no shrimp), edamame dumplings and vegan pho (I always get extra mushrooms)
Tonight I'm going to dinner with a few girlfriends at Giovanni's. I think I've mentioned this restaurant before, its one of my favorite Italian restaurants in town! They have amazing Cacio e Pepe! Definitely a must if you live in Nashville, or you're visiting!
We only have 2 episodes left of Billions and I'm actually going to be really bummed when this show is over because its just so good! Other shows we have to watch: The Morning Show (season 2), Mare of Easttown, 9 Perfect Strangers, White Lotus, and season 4 of Handmaid's Tale (thats a solo show for me)
We started season 2 of the Serial podcast on our trip; I'm not as into this season as I was the first, so hoping season 3 picks up! My friend Merritt started/released her podcast, Beck & Call this week, so I'm planning to listen to it while I clean my office later today! (Listen here).
On the Blog
Weekly Top 5
Click the images to shop outfits directly.
1. Black Leather Jacket: My all time FAVORITE black leather jacket is 20% off for insiders! But all that means is you just sign up with your email, EASY! I featured this leather jacket 10 ways in the fall capsule wardrobe, and 18 more ways to wear it in this post. It's definitely worth it, trust me. I love that the leather is softer so it layers nice over light sweaters/sweatshirts. Fits TTS and I take a small. It also comes in petite and more colors.
2. This beige shacket is the perfect staple for fall! I actually got it at the beginning of the year and saw its back in stock! It fits oversized and I'm wearing an xs. It's lined and is just such a great layering piece.
3. Hoodie Sweatshirt: This is the perfect sweatshirt to layer for fall because its lightweight! I love pairing it under blazers for an elevated athleisure look, but trust me, I'll definitely be wearing it with joggers for super casual days! See more ways to style it in this post and don't miss out because right now its one sale! Fits TTS, I'm wearing an xs.
4. Celine Sunglasses: I've had these sunglasses for yearssssss, and they are truly my absolute favorite pair I've ever owned. I know they are an investment, but trust me, they are worth it! Because of the style, they are super flattering for all face shapes! Lightweight and comfortable to wear. FYI the lenses do not look green in person like they do online!
5. Leather Pants: Ok, this is my first pair of leather pants and I'm OBSESSED. I love the color for fall and the fit is just so good. Plus they are incredibly comfortable which I was not expecting at all. I'm going to share more ways to style these because they are going to be a staple this season. Sized up - wearing a 26.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.