Everyday FJ is a weekly series where I round up all the content of the week plus questions and requests straight from my readers and share it all in one big post. Here you’ll find answers about fashion, home, beauty and everything in between.
Click the images to shop products directly.
Links & Questions
1. Do the Veja 3 Lock run TTS?
For me, yes. I got the same size as all my other Veja sneakers! Lots of review posts here & here. I will say this is the only pair that needed a little more breaking in, so I don't recommend wearing them for a long day the first time. If you have issues with the tongue (it's not as long as on the V-10) just slide to the side until it softens.
2. Best place to buy oversized vintage inspired rug?
3. How to clean makeup brushes? Suction pad? Cheap or expensive ones?
I've had the cleaning mats both cheap and expensive and honestly I find that the palm of my hand, warm water, and Dawn works the best!
4. Dupes for Hermès Oran sandals
5. What would you wear to a wedding this summer? Cocktail attire?
6. What are your top must have handbag styles/colors every woman should have?
For color black and tan/beige - these will go back to anything you wear. Styles: crossbody that can be worn from day to night, satchel something with a shoulder strap for day time, like my Celine, and a tote that can be used for travel/work. I really don't use clutches anymore because I like to be able to hang my bag on something like a chair or hook when going to restaurants or events like weddings. A sleek crossbody does the trick for me.
7. Your black curtain rods
Here! I got the 1.25" diameter
8. Favorite non-ripped white jeans for summer
9. Best denim jacket?
10. Do you sell any of the clothes/goods you don't wear? If so where?
Yes! I either donate or most recently just set up a Poshmark account.
Links & Questions Con't
11. I have a budget of $1000 to spend on a designer item or two. What would you recommend?
Either a handbag that you will use daily or a pair of shoes that will get a lot of wear. This time of year I live in my Hermès sandals. I also love my Chanel slingbacks and Gucci Mules. For a handbag you could look on Fashionphile for some pre-loved options, or Shopbop has a great selection of handbags that look designer but don't have the steep price tag!
12. Casual sandal recommendations that aren't Birks style?
I have a huge sandals roundup post here! All styles from flat to dressy and everything in-between!
13. Comfy and affordable black work pants?
14. How to shorten purse straps? A special "device" you shared before
I use this! Under $10 and so easy to use!
15. Go-to white sneakers at the moment?
16. Hi! I've been looking for a white linen button up dress! Any suggestions? Love your style!!
17. Dyson fan code or upcoming sale?
18. Your necklace storage/display again?
19. Favorite brand for tank tops? Either they're too stretchy or too short
20. Favorite workout shoes?
I love my APLs! This is my go-to pair at the moment.
Weekly Top 5
1. Vince Sandals: While I know Birkenstocks are super popular and really comfortable, I prefer a bit more elevated of a casual slide sandal and these ones by Vince are perfect! The contour footbed makes them wearable all day, and I love that they have a little height to them (3/4” platform). I have them in both Dune and Biscotti!
2. White Jeans: I wore these in a post this past week, and I’m so happy to see that you guys jumped on buying yourself a pair! They are such great white jeans for summer—high waisted, stretchy, and not see-through. They fit like a glove, too (run TTS).
3. Black T-Shirt: The ATM Schoolboy tees are the only ones I need, truly. The white one has been a best seller of mine for over a year now, but the black version is creeping up behind it! I wrote this week about an easy black tee outfit featuring this perfect top. It’s so easy to wear again and again!
4. Tan Sweatshirt: On my casual, WFH days, I’ve been living in this perfectly oversized crew sweatshirt from lululemon. It comes in SO many colors, so you can choose the one that speaks most to your personal style! I have it in the Cafe Au Lait because I can’t resist a neutral and wear it with everything.
5. Grey T-Shirt Dress: This perfect gray midi t-shirt dress for the summer is on sale for under $50! Wear it at is or tie the hem into a knot on hotter days—either way, it’s an easy, breezy dress to throw on with a jean jacket and sneakers or slides throughout the summer!
2. Did you hear?! I have another Amazon Drop collection coming soon! Make sure to sign up here so you're the first to know when it launches!
3. In the last Everyday FJ I shared my...
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.