Welcome to the weekly Everyday FJ series. Here I'll be sharing a little bit of everything; home updates, life updates, travel plans, what I'm shopping for, Nashville spots I've tried, discount codes, and really anything from the week that you guys might be interested in. I got a lot of requests with what you would like to see here, and it is actually helping me for future blog posts. I wanted this series to just be a true "everyday FJ" anything and everything. As always thank you so much for your support and following along, I truly appreciate you all. If you have a question or request, fill out the contact form or follow along on Instagram and send me a DM!
Click the images to shop products directly. Featured image details here.
House Renovation Updates
You guys. Our house is painted! Well.90% of it. They started this week when I was in Dallas and got all the brick painted and now working on the trim. It keeps raining so its taking a little longer than normal. Since I wasn't here when priming started, I didn't get to swatch Edgecomb Grey or Classic Grey so I told Will to pick, because I literally couldn't. He picked Classic Grey and its PERFECT! We are doing Onyx for the trim since our roof and window frames are black and it looks so good! I'll share video once it stops raining!
Our closet is also 90% done! They are finishing up the second coat of paint and then the hardware will be installed. CAN'T WAIT!
Will's office bookshelves were also installed and getting prepped for paint and the family room is getting prepped for paint. By next weekend we will have made a ton of progress!
This weekend we were supposed to go to the Smokey Mountains for a little R&R, but Will had some last minute work projects he needed to stay back for, so we will try again soon!
It's camel coat season and I've loving all these styles! See a few ways to style them here.
New fall fitness styles here! I have the fleece pullover and its SO GOOD.
All the cozy neutral layers you need for fall here! How fun are these sneakers?!
These knee high boots from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale are back in stock and perfect for fall/winter!
Looking for a new bag this season? I'm loving all the gorgeous textures and colors of these styles.
I started White Lotus last week. I'm not super far into it, its holding my attention, but barely. LOL. Hopefully it picks up?
I'm still listening to my friend Merritt's podcast weekly! She covers a lot of topics and it feels like a fun way to keep up with her since I don't live in Dallas anymore.
Book updates! Last night I finished The Last Thing He Told Me. I had higher hopes for this one. It was good, just not great. I'd give it a 7/10 rank. It took me about half way to get into, but I'm glad I finished it! Tomorrow I'm going to start The Midnight Library! I'll leave the reader recs here in case you missed them last week! Verity (my rank: 10/10) Little Secrets (my rank: 8/10), It Ends with Us, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Ugly Love, Behind Her Eyes, The Silent Patient, The Turn of the Key, November 9, Pretty Things, & Local Woman Missing.
Recently on the Blog
Weekly Top 5
Click the images to shop outfits directly.
1. Cashmere Blend Sweater: I featured this sweater in my Fall Capsule Wardrobe. It's a great staple to have for the fall/winter season. I love that it can be worn on its own while its warmer out, but then layered under coats/jackets and scarves into winter. Plus right now its 40% off! Fits TTS; I wear an XS.
2. Tan Suede Booties: My all-time favorite pair of tan suede booties are back in stock and on MAJOR sale! They fit TTS and are so comfortable. I love the notch detail at the ankle. These are a must for fall!
3. Levi's Jeans: You know I can't resist a great pair of Levi's! This slim pair is high waisted, slightly distressed and fits so well. I like that they are a little cropped for me bc I can wear them with boots and booties for fall/winter! I took my true size in Levi's. Read this guide for details.
4. Black Boots: Never have I ever received so many questions about a pair of boots than I did when I featured these! I love the lug-sole style for this time of year and the shorter shaft makes them more versatile to wear with not just leggings but jeans too! I suggest going down 1/2 a size.
5. Plaid Jacket: If you don't have a plaid jacket yet for fall, I highly suggest this one. I love black and white buffalo plaid design - its chic while still being perfect for fall! Size up for an oversized/relax fit.
1. Have you signed up for the Fashion Jackson newsletter yet? I share exclusive content, exciting announcements, and much more! Sign up here and get Fashion Jackson straight to your inbox!
2. Want to shop my closet? Follow my Poshmark account here!
3. In the last Everyday FJ I shared my...
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission.